The Parent Portal is a unique, free EZCare feature that provides benefits to you, your business, and the families you serve. Helping parents make logging in and using Parent Portal part of their weekly or monthly routine helps you keep them engaged, ensures contact and other important information stays up to date, and makes collecting payments a breeze.
What can you do to help make the practice of parents logging into the Parent Portal a habit? The answer is simple – provide easy ways to access it. Here are three ways to make the Parent Portal easy to find:
Provide a URL Link to the Parent Portal
Habits are formed by repeating tasks over and over again, and by encouraging parents in each communication to log into Parent Portal to review information and make payments, you are helping them form a habit that benefits you and them.
The Parent Portal can be accessed by using the following url:
Parents can copy and paste the url into their browser address bar, or if you are a little more tech savvy, you can insert a hyperlink that will take them directly to the login screen. Provide the Parent Portal url in daily, weekly and monthly communications such as:
- Emails to parents – whether you are sending information about a class trip, an upcoming PTA meeting, or just reminding parents about show-and-tell, include a link at the bottom of your message with a note to log in and review information in Parent Portal.
- Billing – adding the url to the message portion on an invoice or even as a link in an emailed report like a YTD statement will help encourage parents to log in and make payments through the Parent Portal whenever and wherever it is convenient.
- Newsletters – does your center send out a periodical-style parent communication? If so, include the Parent Portal url right next to your organization’s website address. Parents save this type of information from one month to the next, so they will always have the url handy when they need it.
- Your childcare business website – placing the Parent Portal login on your organization’s homepage is a great way to not only give current customers the ability to find the information fast, but it is a great draw for potential new families. It sends a message that you are keeping with the times and considering the needs of today’s parents by providing added convenience and accessibility.
Creating a Parent Portal Button to Insert in Your Website
If your organization’s web site is managed by a web developer (or if you are handy with html yourself), you can insert a clean, professionally designed button on your website that links parents directly to the Parent Portal login page.
While EZCare can’t really support your web development process at this point, the most basic implementation of the button would look like this:
<a href=”https://www.ezcaresoftware.com/parent-portal/” target=”_blank”><img src=”https://cdn.ezcaresoftware.com/images/20180423161633/Log-in.png” alt=”EZCare Parent Portal Login”/></a>
Not sure what that means? That’s okay – your webmaster does. If you don’t have a webmaster just yet, you can still provide the url to parents using the information in the section above.
Encourage Parents to Bookmark the Parent Portal
Sifting through emails to find the Parent Portal link may not be the most efficient, convenient way for parents to access their records. Providing simple instructions for adding browser bookmarks to help keep parents logging in may be just what they need. Here are quick steps on how to bookmark in the four most commonly used browsers today:
- Click the star in the Omnibox to save the current page as a bookmark. You can also press Ctrl+D on your keyboard.
- A dialog box will appear. Click Done.
- The bookmark will be saved to the Bookmarks bar.
- Click the star in the address bar to save the current page as a bookmark. By default, new bookmarks are saved to the Other Bookmarks folder.
- In the menu that pops up, you can choose a different name or folder for this bookmark.
- Go to the page you want to bookmark/add to your favorites.
- Click Favorites in the top menu bar, then Add to Favorites.
- The Add Favorite dialogue box appears. The title from the web page will be in the name box. Click the Create In button if your dialogue box does show a list.
- Now you have 3 options:
- – Click Ok to add the bookmark to the general list
- – Select one of your existing folders, then click Ok to add it there
- – Create a new folder to put the link in by clicking New Folder
There are several ways to add Bookmarks in Safari. Start by any of the steps 1 – 3, then proceed to step 4:
- Choose Bookmarks, then Add Bookmark
- Press Command+D
- Click the Share button, then choose Add Bookmark
- Choose where to store the bookmark from the pop-up menu
- Rename the bookmark or use the name provided by Safari
- Click the Add button to save the bookmark
Making the Parent Portal readily available for parents is the best way to get them started using it. Encourage it through your communications to parents, and make that link easy to spot. Your productivity, bottom line, and customer satisfaction will all be the better for it!